The Great Big Breakfast Dilemma

I'm not a cereal person, unless it's oatmeal. And I'm not an oatmeal person unless I need some real fueling-up. So some mornings I'm a toast person, others, a bagel. And some days nothing appeals and I just can't decide. What to conclude from this? I'm not a breakfast person. And I am daily presented with what one might dub a breakfast dilemma. Luckily, I have discovered one easy option - "instant" fruit muffins. I've taken these as mini-muffins straight from the oven to my friends' bi-weekly brunch gatherings and I've also made a week's worth of full-size muffins just for me...all in fifteen minutes (or less!). Theoretically, you could make a whole load of these at once and stick them in the freezer til you need them -- then again, they're so fast and so good out of the oven, why would you want to?
The secret? As a usually die-hard make-it-from-scratcher it hurts to tell...a packet of White Lily muffin mix (blackberry, blueberry or strawberry) and some fresh or fresh-frozen fruit -- frozen blueberries are ideal, as are frozen blackberries and raspberries. Choose fresh, chopped strawberries over frozen, though.
What You Do
And the magic? Make up the mix, dump in a handful or two (your call) of still-frozen fruit (try a blend for real flavor), give it a stir, fill up your muffin pan (six large or a dozen mini) and bake on 350F for ten to fifteen minutes. Before baking sprinkle the muffin tops with a good handful of wheat germ for an extra crunch and voila. Breakfast is solved!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home