Friday, October 07, 2005

Mod Girls World Watch

Food for ThoughtWhat You Need to Know
Even though this blog is primarily a how-to, replete with tips and hints for even the busiest of our high-heeled counterparts, I think we all know that any true modern girl also pays attention to the world at large...and as the author of this blog, I also believe that those of us fortunate enough to enjoy the luxury, not just of having food on our tables, but of having the time to read, write and talk about it too, also have a genuine responsibility to try to help those for whom food and choice are two vastly divergent concepts. The people who do not dine, as we in our respective styles are wont to do, but who eat, instead, simply to survive.

I'm not trying to preach here - far from it. Just offering something to chew on. After all, hot on the heels of the Niger famine, another African country is facing a similar food shortage. Already fraught with tension from an ages-long civil war, Africa's southern Sudan is staring a major food crisis right in the face -- as are so many other regions across the continent...read the full story here.

What You Can Do
Visit the International Federation the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to find out how you can help:

Closer to home, Katrina survivors also need food - one of the best ways to help them is to donate through your local Second Harvest Food Bank .

Finally, the United Nations World Food Programme might just be one of the most comprehensive resources for learning more about what's at stake - and where. Visit them at www.wfp.org.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AOL Buys Blogging Company
NEW YORK, Oct. 6, 2005 Quote The deal will make the Santa Monica, California, and New York-based Weblogs a wholly owned, stand-alone subsidiary of AOL, operating with full editorial control and independence.
Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a penis enlarging exercises related site. Most of the articles are on penis enlarging exercises.

10/07/2005 01:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hi - I just found your blog. Sorry you are getting so much spam. Maybe you should consider turning on word verification in the blogger options for your site. Lots of us food bloggers have done that and it seems to have minimized the amount of spam comments we have been getting.

Look forward to reading more (posts, not spam! :)

sam

10/07/2005 04:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home