Bake Your Cake...
As I mentioned last week it's Modern Girl's Book Club time again. And while we usually have a food-related theme, this month's read (James Frey's A Million Little Pieces) doesn't quite lend itself to that approach, so we're going with Italian. For no particular reason at all.

It is I've decided, the perfect reason to make my first Italian Creme Cake - a most appropriate selection, I might add, since this blog evolved from the fact that I am always scrambling for something to make for book club a) on a budget and b) on normally very limited time notwithstanding the fact that I was also born without the "plan ahead" gene.
Case in point, had book club met last wednesday as originally planned, the aforementioned cake would have been sacrificed to the pressures of overdue deadlines and assignment-happy clients (not that I'm complaining - after all, they "paid" for these ingredients!).
Anyway, in an act of either defiance or pathological procrastination, today I did put a couple of deadlines aside (I'm supposed to be working on them now) to make the cake layers for Wednesday's Italian Creme Cake.
The main challenge, between now and mid-week, is going to be not sneaking into the kitchen and nibbling at the cake layers. Which is why I think I will put them in the freezer. Well, that and the fact that I've been informed (how reliably I'm not sure) that the cake ices better (no pun intended) if the layers have been frozen. Stay tuned - I'll let you know.
Mod Note: Look for the recipe in the next post or follow the link above for a basic Italian Creme Cake recipe.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home